Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Don't Let's Be Silly!" - "Alice in Wonderland"

Movie Title - "Alice in Wonderland"
Date Viewed - 10/20/10
Ratings - We both give this film 3.5 'shrooms out of 5

Ah, "Alice in Wonderland"...the Disney movie about a drug trip.  Ok, ok, it's a little girl's dream.  But with magic mushrooms?  Disappearing cats?  Strange colors?  Hookah?  Come on.  I think it's fairly common knowledge that Lewis Carroll was an avid drug user, but somehow Disney managed to work with his stories anyway.  There are a lot of moments DH and I both love about this film.  The best scene is definitely the Mad Tea Party.  Almost all of the quotes from that scene crack me up!  DH likes the song "In a World of My Own," while I like "Very Good Advice."  The quality of the animation is a bit lacking, and apparently it was a flop at the box office when it was first released, but I'm glad we got to watch it again.  Disney films are timeless, and it's sadly a rarity when we get to watch them these days.  The voice talents were really stacked in this one, too.  Ed Wynn, Sterling Holloway, and Jerry Colonna, to name a few. I'm not sure how it ranks among all the Disney animated films, but there really aren't many I would rate under a "3" anyway.  Light-hearted fun for a weeknight.


Up Next?  A movie neither one of us has seen..."Almost Famous"

No comments:

Post a Comment